On Feb 4, 2018, we had a planning meeting for the volunteers of 4th Street Farms, Indianola-Euclid Community Garden, 5th Street Bird Sanctuary, the Weinland Park Community Garden at Godman Guild, 5th Street Gardens, the Weinland Park Garden Club, Weinland Park Berry Patch, Weinland Park Sewing Circle, and members of the Weinland Park Community Civic Association’s Food & Wellness Committee to connect, organize & create community.
We want to plant tomatoes, collards, peppers, beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, and garlic!
We will be adding more dates and details on Facebook as we get details confirmed. Our goal is to build community and have fun!
Here’s the 2018 Volunteer Service & Activities Dates:
- Weinland Park Litter & LFL – Feb 17
- Growing Weinland Park @ 4th Street Farms – The Pruning – Feb 24, 1-2pm
- Sewing Circle – Feb 24, 1-3pm
- Breakfast and Books – Every 2nd Saturday at 10am starting March 10
- Growing Weinland Park Breaking Ground – March 24, 1-3pm
- Sewing Circle – March 31, 1-3pm
- IE Gardens Monday MeetUps – April to August at 6pm
- Earth Day: Service @ 4th Street Farms – April 14, 1-3pm
- Earth Day: Service @ IE Garden – April 21
- Earth Day: Really Big Fun Earth Day – April 22
- Earth Day: Celebration – April 22
- Sewing Circle – April 22, 1-3pm
- Growing Weinland Park Roots & Roots – May 12, 1-3pm
- Growing Weinland Park The Tending – June 9, 1-3pm
- Growing Weinland Park The Harvesting – July 14, 9-11am
- Weinland Park Festival – August 18
- Growing Weinland Park Columbus Volunteer Challenge – September 15, 1-3pm
- Growing Weinland Park Make A Difference Day – October 27, 1-3pm
Join the 4th Street Farms Volunteer Group on Facebook to get involved!
Or, just show up in the garden. All Are Welcome!